Sometimes only pose an aesthetic problem and others cause real pain in the legs. Be that as it may, the appearance of varicose veins results in a chronic vein problem that, despite having a benign character, must be monitored. In addition, there are easy guidelines to reduce them.
What are varicose veins?
They constitute the most frequent vascular (blood circulation) disease. It is an abnormal dilation of the veins, usually those of the legs (but can affect other areas), due to the excessive accumulation of blood inside.
The cause is a weakness of the walls of the veins and the valves responsible for the passage of blood through the bloodstream.
Although they are more associated with mature women, varicose veins can also be seen in men, increasing their frequency with age due to the aging process.
How can they affect?
They do not usually cause serious problems, unless they are extreme cases with the appearance of numerous varicose veins and large. But the discomfort can be quite disabling, causing the person to see his quality of life diminished by the pain and the feeling of heaviness, mainly.
If they become complicated, dermatitis-like skin, ulcerations and even blood clots may appear that will require specific medical treatment.
How can they be prevented?
- In summer look for cool places. The heat increases the dilation of the vessels, which is why they get worse during this time. And it is better to avoid the sun. Vascular Doctor Near Me also recommended this Spider Veins Cure.
- Avoid sources of heat, such as too hot showers, hot wax , stoves and radiators located too close to the legs or clothes that do not sweat .
- Do more exercise and not stay fixed in the same position for a long time and, if possible, do not cross your legs or bend them.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing, especially those that compress the legs and waists they hinder venous return. Very high heels are also counterproductive.
How are varicose veins treated?
They do not require complicated therapies but easily solve by Endovenous Laser Therapy. In fact, it is usually enough to change the habits of life to relieve discomfort, prevent possible complications and improve their physical appearance.
- The regular exercise, as well as an excellent preventative measure, improve varicose veins if they have already appeared.
- Put your legs up (above the level of the heart) when you are resting.
- The compression stockings have great benefits, especially for those who must spend long periods of time standing. The doctor will indicate which is the most appropriate in each case because there are several types depending on the pressure to exercise and the height at which it is convenient to take them (pantyhose, stocking ...).
Medical treatments for varicose veins
There are medical procedures that eliminate varicose veins or block them so they do not progress. Each case must be studied individually to determine which technique is the most appropriate. The most common are:
- The sclerotherapy: a substance is injected into the veins that shrink.
- The Radiofrequency Ablation Procedure, which closes varicose veins with laser or radiofrequency.
- The phlebotomy removes them with a small needle.
- The Radiofrequency Ablation Treatment.
Article Source : https://legveinsblog.wordpress.com/2019/05/31/a-detail-about-varicose-veins-and-its-treatment/