Mercury toxicity, also called mercury poisoning, is caused by a high level of mercury in the body. The presence of mercury has been shown to cause wide range of chronic and acute health problems affecting all major systems in the body; neurological, gastrointestinal, immune, and cardiovascular problems have been attributed to mercury toxicity, as has damage to major organs such as the liver, kidneys, and lungs.
The question of whether or not mercury amalgam fillings contribute to mercury exposure is hotly debated.
• Many dentists believe that amalgam fillings, in use for more than 150 years in this country, are safe and that only a small percentage of the population shows sensitivity to mercury in fillings.
• Many toxicologists associate great risk with the use of mercury amalgam fillings. One researcher, Andrew Cutler, has argued that millions of people are being poisoned by mercury compounds the medical profession is exposing them to.
Among the latter, common arguments against the procedure include:
• All the mercury has already leaked out.
• Additional tooth structure will be lost by removing existing dental work.
• The patient will be exposed to toxic levels of mercury vapor being released as the fillings are drilled out.
The comprehensive protocols established by The Center for Systemic Dentistry ensure a thorough process for safe amalgam removal. Located in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, we are committed to being the state’s leading dental practice that focuses on holistic, healing-focused dentistry.
Dr. Philip Memoli is ready to help you recover your health so you can begin to lead a life free of mercury toxicity.
Call us today at (908)464-9144 or contact us via our online contact form.
Read more about our services: http://www.holisticdentistrynj.com/
438 Springfield Ave Suite #3,
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey 07922
You may contact this poster using the form on this page.