Wedding cake at the wedding reception is like music in karaoke – their absence is felt. However, as people are becoming modern, they are ditching their old creamy friends. Below are some kickass wedding cake alternatives that will be perfect substitutes for the evergreen wedding cake:
1. Cake poppers: These are perfect if you are a loyal cake person. Cake poppers are small cake balls, popped on a stick. They are topped with white chocolate sauce, colorful sprinkles, silver balls or shredded coconut. It’s almost close to a crumbly version of a lollipop. This is what we call to delight in just one bite!
2. Swiss rolls: Coming all the way from freezing lands of Switzerland, these are the rolled versions of a cake. Available in a variety of flavors – chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, they adapt to every person’s taste buds and give the illusion of cake spirals when sliced. Perhaps, if you are planning for a state-of-the-art wedding, this is the trend to follow, like the designer wedding invitations!
3. Macaroons: Are you a keeper of aesthetic things? If yes, this is for you. These cake-like biscuits, originally from Italy are a delight for the eyes and the taste buds. A macaroon is a biscuit cookie, generally made from almonds with the core of a sweet filling. For aesthetic feels, match their color with your wedding color or your designer wedding invitation and you have almost nailed the pro-game!
4. Churros: This traditional Spanish dessert is everything you need to spice up your wedding ceremony. It is a strip of deep-fried dough, dusted with white sugar and cinnamon. You can also get them made in cute shapes such as teacups and saucers and fill them with hot chocolate!
5. A sweet buffet: If you are someone who caters to every person’s needs, then this is the right choice. It offers an assortment of desserts to choose from. There is something for everyone. From cakes to doughnuts, you can get your hands on anything you want. This serves a sweet feasible option and gives in all the feels of a wedding scene.
6. Cookies: A rustic disc of baked dough, cookies belongs to the 7th century Persia. From kids and adults to the elderly, they are everyone’s favorite. With delicious flavors ranging from Chocochip to fruit-and-nut, there is a delight in every bite! If you have a soft corner for cartoons, there are cookies in the shape of cartoon characters, so that everyone leaves a sweet smile! Perhaps, having them in your designer wedding invitation will be adorable to bits!
7. Ice cream sandwich: This is a bizarre pair – a thin slab of ice cream held together by a pair of crunchy biscuits. But the kids love it! Also, if you are going for a summer wedding, a cool dessert would be a great relief from the scorching heat. But make sure you have proper cooling arrangements to keep the ice cream from melting.
8. Pie, to which the heart cannot lie: A pie is cake’s next-door neighbor who is a little more tender but all the more delicious! Fun fact, you can even cut it like you cut a cake. Pies come in a variety of flavors and dressings including apple, pecan, banoffee, cheese, etc.
9. Doughnut: It is a simpler form of dessert. An ordinary ring of baked dough, it is a little stiff on the outside and soft on the inside. You can garnish it with variants including colorful sprinkles, sugar syrup or chocolate sauce. It is a multi-color dessert assortment, just like your pretty designer wedding invitation.
10. Croissants: They are the Mercedes of desserts. All the way from posh French confectionaries, these are shell-shaped loafs of patties, stuffed with flavored sauce, like chocolate, strawberry, blueberry, etc. A bite from the core and there it comes. All drooling. The sugary sauce goes perfectly with the plain dough.
So here comes the end to your wedding dessert delight substitutes for your wedding cake. If you are still in dilemma about it, believe me, it is always good to try out new things. You will not regret it!